Sunday, December 29, 2013

Arm Knit a Scarf in 30 Minutes

Okay, I am really excited about this post. This week my friend taught me how to arm knit. Wait, what? About a year ago, I learned how to knit with needles; the most basic way though. However, this week I learned there was such a thing as arm-knitting, and arm-knitting scarves nonetheless, and, get this, it only takes 30 minutes once you get it down. 

Now, I had to cast on about 6 times before I finally got that part right, and even when I got that part down, I had to restart the actually knitting part 3 times. So, if you can do those first steps right, you'll be golden. 

Here's a picture of what the process looks like. I was measuring my scarf to see its length. I'm bummed I didn't have more pictures taken of the actual process.



Below are the pictures of me wearing the scarf, and then scarf up against a neutral background to see its actual color! 



I bought my materials (2 rolls of yarn - you need 2 rolls regardless of how big they are) at Walmart. I was able to get my 2 rolls of yarn (each about 64 yards, but I'd request longer if you want to double wrap an infinity scarf) for a total of $6.44, that's it! It's awesome for a gift idea, it's just too bad I learned how to do this right before Christmas. Next year I'll know.

I wore the scarf to my family get-together on Christmas Eve and my 30 year old cousins loved it so much they want me to make them each one. Hey, at least I'll get some practice in! 

Anyways, I watched this video before attempting to make the scarf to get a gage on how difficult it would be. She makes it really easy to follow along, however I don't think I could have gotten through it without the help of my friend since I kept messing up. So. Use this video as a tutorial, and anyone out there with remote crafting ability should be able to get it down better than I did! 



or here is the link to the actual video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eClB0RpGBlo 

Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment