Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What I Wore: a Teacher's Closet #1

What is one of the hardest things about growing up? Dressing well. Yes, these past three and a half years of college have made me lazy. Let me say that one more time:  laaaaaazy. I have gotten away with wearing leggings and sorority shirts to class the past 3 years, and now it's time to dress up and be an elementary school teacher. 

The past couple of days I've tried putting myself together even if I wasn't going out to do anything. You know, prepare myself for the brutal wakening of 8 a.m. arrival times and wearing something other than sweats, or even jeans for that matter. 

So in order to help myself during those early mornings, I am starting an "online closet" where I can access previously worn outfits and choose from them on those days I'm in a hurry or just can't decide what to wear!

I thought it would be appropriate to do a Transformation Tuesday from my experience as a 3rd grader to my first experience teaching it!

I decided that for my first day of school I would curl my hair. Pretty much resembling all my other first days of elementary school.

Fun sequin tank top I originally bought for New Year's Eve? Pair it with a fun colored cardi and voila! Instateacher.

I thought that the single strip of sequins wasn't too flashy for the first day. What 3rd grader wouldn't love this outfit anyways?

My reaction to the first day:  a success. I can't wait to see how the rest of the semester goes!

Tank Top | American Eagle
Sweater | Old Navy
Black Cropped Pants |  Old Navy
Boots | Trade Home {similar}



No comments:

Post a Comment